Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bake Off


So ... because we're a competitive group, all the writer's at Grey's decided to have a bake-off and see who makes the best dessert.  We ordered hats and aprons, I got a huge trophy for the winner(who I THOUGHT was gonna be me) and we recruited judges from all the departments - a couple of the actors, an editor, script supervisor etc. (actually, in the weeks preceding the bake off, people were coming to us, begging to be judges).  OH MY God, it was hilarious and cut throat and devastating because I didn't win.  I made the Red Cake - my mom's famous red velvet cake.  3 layers, totally beautiful and delicious.  I decorated it with flowers, I had my eyes on the prize.  But one judge felt it was 'too sweet' and another thinks red velvet is 'too trendy'.  At least those were the comments they made on the score sheet.  Can you tell I'm bitter?  This is a picture of me with Stacy.  She made her chocolate fudge pie, that is amazing, I'll give her that .... oh, and I also had to give her the trophy.  Cause she won.  

No comments: