Sunday, March 1, 2009

old soul


Ever since she was little people would meet maggie and invariably refer to her as an "old soul".  She always been mature beyond her years. Well beyond.  Some examples- when she was a baby I used to joke that I could leave her on a fire escape with a set of knives and go do the laundry and she'd be okay.  She has always been cautious and responsible.  Calm.  In her head.  And as we apply to middle schools, her maturity has really shown through.  I have grown more and more stressed, she has gotten calmer, more zen.  We were prepping her for an interview one day and I asked her if she was nervous(because I was) and she said no.  She'll end up somewhere and if a school doesn't want her, then she probably doesn't fit at that school.  Um.  She's 12!  I ordered some books on amazon the other day about parenting, one of which was "How to talk so teens will listen and how to listen so teens will talk"(you know how I love me my self help books).  Well, I was at work when the box arrived and Maggie apparently opened it before I got home because when i walked in the door, maggie asked me how my day was and I started to complain about having to write a blog for my episode, and Maggie said, "That must make you feel sad."  Then she handed me the book and walked away.  Old soul, I don't know about, but sarcastic teen for sure.

No comments: