Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Kitchen!


So here's what happened - we've always talked about redoing the kitchen but the thought of living through the renovation always stopped us from actually doing it. Our plan was to rip out the laundry room and bathroom off the kitchen and make it one big room with glass doors opening to the back yard. But it would mean basically living with a makeshift kitchen for about 4 months. Ugh. Every time we talked about it, the only decision we ever came to was to talk about it later. Then one day about a month ago, our contractor was over to fix some lights in the office and I was standing in our laundry room and I was overwhelmed with a desire to do the renovation. Right away. Before I lost the nerve. So I told Jorge to demo the laundry room and back bathroom. That day. I'd tell Tony about it when I got to work. I figured I could present a pretty compelling case for why it had to be done. He's pretty good about allowing me my impulses. Except that I got to work and I forgot to tell him. I know, I know, that's a big thing to forget, but what can I say, I really forgot ... And then Tony got home. Before I did. Ooops. Let's just say we had words that night. But tony is a very kind, loving and forgiving man. And now we're getting a new kitchen!

No comments: