Sunday, September 14, 2008

You are 11



Maggie. You are 11 as I start this blog, actually only a few months from 12. I'm sorry I didn't start it earlier but I'll attempt to write down things I remember from when you were younger. You are an exceptional kid. Smart, funny in a dry sarcastic way, calm, unflappable, a girl who marches to her own beat. Just tonight we were in Barnes and Noble looking for a book for you(you are ALWAYS running out of books) and I suggested a popular vampire series. You refused. You knew it was popular and that seemed to be a turn off. You are a vegetarian in a family of carnivores and you accept the microwave mommy meals I always seem to serve you happily. You love your friends Luly and Madeline and love school. This is a big year, 6th grade. You're the oldest in the school which means you plan the assemblies, mentor a younger class and just generally rule the school. You are gorgeous, with wavy blond hair that you wear pulled back and that you hate to comb. You're my first baby, my Maggie, and I love you madly.

No comments: