Monday, November 17, 2008

guitar recital



Maggie had her first recital last Sunday and she was great. She played Twinkle, but with such poise and soul, it made me want her to learn the basics fast so she can move onto the music she was meant to play.  She has such a beautiful voice and the heart of a poet, I hope she'll write and play her own music someday.  Anyway, when she does we can all look back and say it began in some random lecture hall at Cal Tech on 3 hours of sleep(she had a sleepover Saturday night with Mia and Madeline and they stayed up all night and watched the sunrise. I was asleep upstairs and mostly oblivious although I came down and yelled at them at 4 am which they apparently ignored.   As she explained to me the next day, they just wanted to see if they could do it.  They did. )

No comments: