Monday, November 17, 2008

truly extraordinary


Maggie's birthday is November 30, which is coming up and has inspired me to think about that day 12 years ago when she came into the world early, two months to be exact, and tiny, just 4 pounds 12 ounces.  With such a difficult labor, and then such a surprise entrance to the world, we were all a bit anxious ... was she going to be okay?  Um ... have you met Maggie?  She's better than okay, she's truly extraordinary.  And I don't say that lightly.  She is my daughter so of course I think she's gorgeous and smart and funny and all those good things, but she is more than that.  Mature beyond her years.  Deep.  As her teacher said to me in the parent teacher conference the other day, Maggie doesn't always speak up in class, but when she does, everyone listens because you know she has something to say.   

No comments: