Friday, January 30, 2009

So proud

Today the girls progress reports from school arrived in the mail and they were both amazing and really highlighted the wonderful character of both girls.  Maggie's teacher wrote that Maggie's writing is so good and nuanced and surprising, she actually forgets that Maggie is only 12 and has to remind herself.  She then said that what makes Maggie so unique is that while she's incredibly smart, she's humble(unlike her mom) and a good friend to others in her class.  She is kind and fair and the one that everyone, boys and girls alike look to as the leader.  I'm paraphrasing and it was actually way better than I'm saying but I feel like if I actually wrote what Danica wrote you wouldn't believe me.  Tears came to my eyes.  Stephanie, Sally's teacher, was equally impressed with Sally.  She said that she is kind and sensitive and everyone's friend.  She follows rules well and is very motivated in her schoolwork.  She likes to do her work and do it well.  She said that Sally was shy at the beginning of the year but has really opened up and is speaking more in class.  Her music teacher even wrote a note saying that Sally has even volunteered to sing for the class.  Huge steps for my shy girl.  (Those of you who know chatty cathy may be saying to yourself, "Sally?  Shy?".  But she is still very quiet and reserved in new situations and around those she doesn't know.  Anyway, my bragging is now done.  Tonight I will sleep well, so proud of my girls.  

A girl I'm not so proud of is Holly.  She got into a fight with her arch enemy Penny(a barky border collie who lives down the street).  Anyway, Holly got the best of Penny who left here with a bleeding snout.  (Penny is fine, by the way, and her owners have been very nice about it because Penny is a menace herself).  So, sweet little Holly has become a street fighter, and that, coupled with her bad barking behavior toward the mailman has caused me to hire a trainer to curb some of the issues.  So tomorrow morning at 11 am we begin.  

1 comment:

Anne Phelan said...

I love all three girls! And one of the many wonderful things about them is how much they love each other. Every time I see them their behavior bears this out. You rarely see such patience and tenderness with adults, but with two kids and a dog it's really extraordinary.