Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Easter Bunny letter


I want to post about a very momentous occasion that happened last Thursday - Maggie graduated from Walden - but an equally momentous thing happened just today and I wanted to write about it before I forget. The Easter Bunny wrote Sally a letter! Here's the story - Sally loves Easter. Loves it. Maybe even more than Christmas. She loves the chocolate and the egg dying and the baskets. She decorates her room with eggs and bunnies. I'm just saying, this girl loves Easter. So, last week when she told me she wanted to write the Easter Bunny a letter I wasn't too surprised. She wrote - Dear Easter Bunny, I miss you. Eat a lot of carrots. Love, Sally. She drew a picture, put it in an envelope and mailed it. And the she started waiting. Each day when the mailman comes she looks to see if the Easter Bunny has replied. So today at work I had Stacy write Sally a letter as the EB(Stacy is very crafty). The letter is gorgeous and Stacy decorated it with ribbons and butterfly stickers, I tell you, it's a work of art. And when I came home from work and 'found it' on the front porch and told Sally ... oh my God, she was so excited! She ran down the front path to see if she could catch him hopping away. She proudly stared at her beautiful letter for quite sometime before sitting down to write Santa. I think Sally's correspondence is going to keep Stacy very busy.

No comments: