Sunday, February 21, 2010

San Diego weekend



A few weekends ago, Maggie and I had tickets to see a new musical at the Old Globe. Since it's a 2 hour drive, we decided to spend the night and Tony and Sally decided to come along for the ride. On the way down we stopped for a few hours at Legoland and it was really fun because since the weekend was rainy, really rainy, NO ONE was at Legoland. I mean, NO ONE. Like maybe 200 people. And for the 2 hours we were there it didn't rain at all, it started pouring rain as we got into the car at the end. Sometimes you get lucky like that. Anyway, it was fun. Although Legoland is certainly below Maggie's age and coolness level, she was a good sport and went on some rides with Sally. We went to dinner at the hotel which was really nice and then Sally and Tony watched a movie in the room and got room service dessert, while Maggie and I went to the theatre. The show was bad. Can't even remember the name of it. Whisper House maybe. The songs were by Duncan Shiek who wrote the music for Spring Awakening, one of Maggie's favorites. And the songs in the show were beautiful, but the story was really bad. But it was still fun to go see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan,
thanks for reminding me about your blog. I have scrolled down and got caught up on all the current events and I love it. It does sound like you have been having some good times. I didn't recognize Maggies friends, are they new ones? Doesn't surprise me at all that Maggie wore her snake hat!
Sally looks pretty athletic and agile in her gymnastics.
Anyway, am glad I came to your blog.
Maybe when you write something you should send a fast e.mail saying theres something new to view. Just a thought.
Love to all of you, Mom