Thursday, October 2, 2008

catch a catch a by the toe


Sally- At 5 you are an amazingly verbal girl, always talking, using big words to express your big thoughts. There are some very cute mispronounciations that I wanted to write down before I forget them forever. In eeney meeny miney mo, instead of saying catch a tiger by the toe you say catch a catch a by the toe. You call the abominable snowman the bombaloo snowman. You loved the movie Kung Fu Panda but you call it Comfort Panda. You call vacation bucation. There are so many more and I'll add to this as I think of them. One other cute thing while it's on my mind - this week we went out to dinner in old town and there was an art exhibition by Yoko Ono of these Wish Trees where everyone writes a wish on these tags and then you tie your tag to the tree. It's quite beautiful. Well, I had to transcribe your wish which was - I wish for a stuffed animal which is a bear. And lots of candy. I hung it right next to the person who was wishing for world peace,it takes all kinds of wishes ... This morning you met your "Buddy class" at school, they a class that you are matched up with and you do special things with them and each person gets an actual"Buddy" from the class. Last year your buddy was this sweet boy named Anthony. You call him your guppy. Instead of buddy you say, "Mommy, there's Anthony. He's my guppy!"

No comments: