Thursday, October 2, 2008

like my crib?




Just going through old photos, I found these and wanted to post the story behind them.  When we came back from China a few friends pitched in and got Sally this beautiful water table. It's a table with two big bowls in it and it was all hand made and designed and it was perfect for her to play with water and sand ... and it also looked to me like a huge chip and dip table.  Like that a giant would use.  So as a thank you note to our friends, I put chips in one of the bowls and juice in the other and I took a picture of Tony and I 'relaxing' with our great new table, while the girls were upstairs, and the joke of the picture was that we had trapped them in the crtib so we could use the table.  The card was a hit, but what was really a hit was what happened as a result of the photo session.  The girls were still in the process of 'getting to know' one another and really become sisters and Maggie getting into Sally's crib delighted Sally and made her feel so special, like her big sister and her were just hanging together.  It was a little breakthrough in a year of little breakthroughs, each one allowing for the next.  

No comments: